Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break Fun

Spring Break is in full swing around here. This weekend my mom and two of my nieces came to visit.  They don't get to come to our house that often, because we usually always go to where they live and hang out.  My oldest niece that came is only six days younger than Tori, so they are exactly the same age.  The little squirt is 3 1/2, but she can hold her own with the bigger cousins.  :)

On Saturday we packed a picnic lunch and took a little road trip to a field with tons of daffodils.  I had heard about it for several years, but never been.  It was very pretty!  The pics didn't turn out very good, because it was really sunny and the kids were squinting in almost of the them.  I also am no professional photography, so I didn't know how to arrange the kids in the flowers to make it look really cool.   The kids had fun seeing all the flowers and running around though, so that was the most important thing.  Here's a few pics from our photo shoot:

All four cousins
My children
Tori and Natalie
I think this picture is good, if only the sun had not been in her eyes!
Sweet cousins:  Tori, Katie, and Natalie
Running through the flowers
This picture shows only about a third of the field....it was unbelievable.

A good time was had by all!
Saturday night we grilled hot dogs and made smores over the fire pit in the backyard. 

Carson roasting a marshmellow

Carson's marshmellow on fire! ha,ha,ha!

Yum!  The finished product!!