Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Familia en Round Rock

Robert told me last week that his mom and dad were going out to Texas this weekend to visit some of his mom's family. It had been at least three years since we went out there, so we decided that we wanted to go, too. Robert took off on Friday and we packed up the car for the eight to nine hour trip with our two small kiddos. The kids both fell asleep before we even got on the interstate and slept for over an hour, so so far, all is well. When they woke up, Carson was starting to get antsy, so I got the DVD player out that we bought for his birthday, because he is such a bad rider that we couldn't even make it to Nashville without him screaming half the way. So, I get the player all ready, but something is missing. I can't find the connector that plugs it into the cigarette lighter. Yes, we are two hours into a nine hour trip and we have NO DVD PLAYER!!! I felt panic creeping in, but tried to stay calm, and act like it was no big deal, because it was me that had packed the DVD player. I remember Robert specifically double checking and I assured him that I had packed it. Well, long story short we read a lot of books and doodled and only had to pull over a few times. They were both really good sports. We finally got to Round Rock, Texas, and enjoyed visiting with Robert's extended family. His mom, dad, aunt, and uncle that all live in Nashville drove out as well and met us there. Robert has three uncles and one aunt that all live in Round Rock with their families, within a mile or two from each other. So, when the family gets together for a fiesta, it is a big party! Plus there was one more aunt and Robert's grandmother, who both still live in Central Mexico, visiting, so that made it even more special. I love to be around his grandmother. She is a tiny little lady who raised ten kids and in her 70's, she is still a spunky lady. I'm so amazed by her. Anyway, we had a fun weekend hanging out with everyone. Here are some pics.