Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturdays with Dad

I love Saturdays when we are at home, without a big agenda for the day. Something about Daddy being here with us makes everything more exciting. Tori, Carson, and I hang out at our house everyday of the week, but when Daddy's here the dynamics are just different. During the week, Tori knows that she can choose from toast, cereal, egg, or oatmeal for breakfast. At some point along the way, Robert started this tradition with her that on Saturdays he makes her pancakes! It is such a fun tradition and she loves it! Today we have plans to clean the house, hang some pictures, and maybe even paint the master bathroom! I'll send pictures if we get the bathroom painted.
Last weekend we went home to Nashville to visit our families. Robert's niece had a birthday party on Friday night and then we hung out with my family on Saturday. Going home to Nashville is something that is very special to me. I have really strong roots to my hometown and when I haven't been there in a while, I start feeling like I'm starting to come unraveled. Part of that is the simple fact, that Robert's family and my family both live there. Tori loves her cousins and misses them when we don't see them for awhile. Robert and I are both close to our families and I want Tori and Carson to feel that strong bond with their families, too, so spending time with them is very important to us. On Saturday my sister-in-law took some pictures of the Talley grandkids and took some of Carson by himself. His room has a sports theme, so I wanted a picture of him dressed up in a baseball outfit that I could frame for his room. We went out on the baseball field and took his picture. I think she did a great job!


I hear Robert starting the pancakes, so I probably should go help!