Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Carson is Teething



My only son, who is my pride and joy, is driving me crazy!!! He is getting his two front teeth and the poor little guy is miserable. I've heard the phrase, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Well, Carson has adopted that slogan for himself--"If Carson ain't happy, I'm gonna to make darn sure ain't nobody else happy!" :) He can't sleep, doesn't want to eat, etc. He loves to bite, though, because obviously it makes his teeth feel better. His sweet older sister has been his favorite chew toy lately. He will grab her by the shirt and bite down as hard as he can! She is screaming for help, trying to free herself from his deathly grip. Anyway, I try so hard to be patient and understanding when he is being fussy. I've found it helps to think about sometime when he was being really funny or just incredibly cute, which I think he is a lot! For example, one funny story. This morning I was loading the dishwasher and Carson was watching Dora. I hollered to Tori who was busiedly packing her baby in the stroller to go to church (her favorite pretend activity) if she could see him. She said no, so I went to search. I found him sitting in the computer chair, looking at the monitor with his little right hand resting on the mouse. When I walked in the computer room, he just turned his head around and looked at me. I thought I was going to fall out laughing. If your 14 month old is mimicking you at the computer, it may mean that you are spending way to much time emailing and blogging!!