Monday, February 7, 2011

Victoria's Projects

PROJECT #1:
My mom passed down her childhood doll bed to me when I was a little girl.  When Tori was born, it got passed down to her.  It is the perfect size for Lacey, Tori's American Girl doll.  Tori has never been overly enthused about this doll bed and has asked for the real American Girl bed.  I couldn't justify spending that money when we had a nice one already.  So, since we are wanting to paint her room furniture white, I thought this would be good practice.  I called my mom and gently asked if she cared if I painted the bed.  Honestly I cringed to paint it, because I think that it is so neat that it has lasted three generations.  But what good is it to anyone if it doesn't get used?  It was either put it in the attic or paint it to jazz it up.  My mom gave her blessings and so the project began.  Lacey's gonna get a new and improved bed!!
Here is documentation of the before.  It is really sweet, but just not very current.


First coat of primer

Second coat of primer.  Tori would KILL me if she knew I was telling you this, but she told Robert that she needed to paint on the second jacket.  Get it?  She was getting jacket and coat confused.  I love seeing the world through the newness of children's eyes.  The second jacket makes just as much sense as the second coat. 
Sometimes our language is so confusing.

It has been too cold the past few days to work on finishing it, but we will post the final product.  You may remember that a few weekends ago we were supposed to paint Tori's furniture.  Well, that Friday night Carson started running a high fever during the night, so my mom didn't come.  I spent Saturday loving and snuggling with a little sick man.  Hopefully, we will eventually get around to the big painting project.

PROJECT #2:
Tori had to make a Valentine box for her school party.  My mom, Nana, helped her while she was here celebrating my birthday.  I will also post a completed picture of this project.  It turned out really cute.