Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Love and Respect

I have had a post bouncing around in my head for several days.  I even attempted to type out some of my thoughts the other night, but saved it as a draft, so that I could brew on it.  There are so many families and marriages who are hurting.  And Christian families are not immune to marriage struggles.  My parents got divorced when I was in my late twenties, so I know how hard it is on everyone involved. 

I just feel led to say that if you or anyone that you know is going through a tough time in their marriage, I would encourage them to read the book Love and Respect. 

Love & respect: the love she most desires, the respect he desperately needs [Book]
If anything can save your marriage, it is the Godly principles that are taught in this book.  God allows divorce in some circumstances, but he HATES it.  I believe that the reason God hates divorce so much is because he hates to see His children in pain.  And I will tell you, pain is a definite when dealing with divorce (whether it is unavoidable or not).  In my opinion, there are too many couples today (even Christian couples) who are divorcing because they are bored, unhappy, or have conflicts that they are not willing to address.  These are NOT good reasons for divorce and I feel very passionate about the effect that divorce has on the children of divorce (especially children who are still in the house).  I am trying so hard to not sound preachy, so I will stop at that, because I could go on forever on this topic.  I also am very cautious here because I am blessed with a wonderful husband who is patient, loving, attentive, and a Godly leader.  So, I have no room to judge any women who is living in a difficult situation and I can not say what I would do if put in someone else's circumstances.  This is why I have battled with how to approach this post.  All I know is that God has a plan for each of our lives and He promises to never leave us or forsake us.  If you are looking for HOPE for your marriage, please read this book!  You can buy this book at Wal-mart, Target, Amazon.  Just google it, order it, and it can be on your doorstep ASAP.

Website with information about Love and Respect

I hope that this post will help someone.  Like I said before, I feel very passionate about this topic and if anyone would like to talk more about this, please leave me a comment or email me and we can correspond more.  My husband and I read through this book together with a small group and it changed the way I looked at marriage completely.