Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Amazing World of DVR

Ok, so I promised a post in which I shared what shows are regularly DVRed at our house.  Here are the top ten most watched shows at our house:
1.  The O'Reilly Factor (watching this is a nightly ritual for my husband)
2.  Castle (Love this on Mondays and are very sad when a new episode doesn't air)
3.  Chuck (This is not our favorite; it's a little more cheesy than we usually prefer)
4.  Human Target (We love this as much as Castle....which is A LOT!!)
5.  The Bachelor (Hey, just keeping it real....I know that it is trash, but it is very entertaining.  Plus, it makes me feel so lucky to have a man that loves me and I appreciate the fact that I found my Mr. Right.)
6.  Dancing with the Stars (when a season is being aired.  I will say that we used to watch this as a family, but it has continued every year to get more and more provocative.  It is no longer appropriate for my children to watch.)
7.  American Idol (I don't let my kids watch the first episodes when they are visiting the towns, because they make fun of people.  I usually will let them watch once they begin competing on stage.)
8.  Batman (This is the 1960s version with real people.  We have tried to record the more recent versions, but they are just too violent and scary for Carson).
9.  Full House (this is an afternoon must for Tori once she gets home from school)
10.  The Fresh Beat Band (another one of Tori's favorites)

There are numerous other kid shows that get DVRed regularly, but they don't always get watched.  The main thing I love about DVRing is it allows us to watch our shows whenever we want.  Plus we get to forward through the commercials, so we can watch things quicker.  We really are kind of like two old people; we have a schedule and love sticking to it.  I put the kids to bed around 7:30-8:00 every night while he is taking a shower.  Then he watches O'Reilly while he is ironing his clothes (yes, he irons his own clothes) for work the next day.  During that time I am doing my computer stuff and putting up any leftovers from dinner.  Then we get all ready for bed and snuggle up and enjoy one of our DVRed shows.  I honestly feel like I have a date with my husband every night and it is great!  Speaking of, it's time to go get my pjs on.  How did we ever manage without DVR?