Friday, May 27, 2011

Zoo Trip

I'm wondering if anybody else has had any problems with blogger lately.  For two or three days it has not let me login to my blog and post anything.  I could type in my blog address and view it, but it wouldn't let me sign-in to my account.  I was starting to get nervous, but then today, thankfully, it worked!

All the first grade classes from Tori's school took a field to the zoo yesterday!  Carson had to miss his zoo trip with his preschool, so I let him skip school and go along with us.  The weather was perfect yesterday for being outside at the zoo. 

As my kids get older, the zoo experience becomes more enjoyable.  When they were small they would get hungry, hot, and tired quickly which would turn into whining and grumpiness.  I was always exhausted by the time we had walked the whole zoo and fought Carson to stay in the stroller and/or carried him.  I would wonder why I put myself through such misery. 

Yesterday they just excitedly ran from exhibit to exhibit and never complained about anything.  Well, Carson may have had a slight meltdown when we were leaving, because I didn't buy him any cotton candy.  He had done so good the whole trip, I gave him a little slack.....anyway, the cotton candy did look good!!  :)

This is Tori with her teacher, Mrs. Broadway.  She has learned a lot this year in 1st grade!



Carson at the new penguin exhibit.


Porcupines!!
You may notice in these pics that Carson got his big cast off, so now he can bend his arm.  He has to wear this small one for three weeks!  Wish I had taken a picture of his face when they were sawing his green cast off.  He thought it was so cool!