Friday, June 3, 2011

The Shed is Done!!

I have wanted a shed since we moved into our house almost four years ago!  I am happy to say that my husband and I have fought a hard battle with this shed and we were conquerors!!  I will not be putting one of these together again any time soon.  It took MANY hours.....I'm acutally scared to add it all up.  But in the end my husband and I got to practice being patient with each other under frustrating conditions, while standing out in the hot sun!  Oh, good times!! :)  Do you think that God may have been equipping us with the patience that we will need as a couple to raise a house full of kids?!!

You may remember me posting a few weeks ago about my brother coming up and helping us build a shed in our backyard.  That was the same night that Carson broke him arm, so the shed project got put on hold.  They were able to complete the whole base, though, which was a huge help and we could not have done that without him.

This picture is from Carson's birthday party, but you can see the shed base in the back left corner.  It stayed like this for several weeks, because it was either too rainy, too windy, or we were out of town and not able to work on it.


Finally we had a pretty day and we mustard up the courage to tackle the shed.  I must say it was quite intimidating. It took us the good part of three days to assemble this thing with just me and Robert working on it.  I am not a hard worker when it comes to using my hands and being outside and more over I am not very strong.  So, I wasn't sure how much help I would be.  It was fun to see how we worked together and figured out how to make it work.  I used my brains (which is what I prefer to exercise) to read the instructions and then hold pieces and he used is muscles (which is what he prefers to exercise) to screw and blot the pieces.   Ha, ha!!

It was hard.  It was a test of endurance, but we made it!  And we still liked each other when we got done! Now, if it blows away in the first big storm, I definitely want my money back!!!!