Sunday, November 7, 2010

Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be

In the study, Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be, by Donna Partow, she challenges us women to commit to having our quiet time with God in the morning. This is really tough for me, because I am not a morning person. She says though, "Every book and biography I've ever read by spiritual leaders, past and present, and every person ever used mightily of God indicated that meeting with God was their first order of business. Morning devotions set the agenda and the tone for the day." Well darn, looks like if I want to be used by God, then I've got to be willing to climb out from under my warm covers in the mornings......"God, please give me the motivation and the energy to desire time with you in the mornings." One of my favorite thoughts from the study was when she said, "I want to live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil yells, "Oh, no, she's up!"" Amen, sista!

"When we work, we work. But when we pray, God works." -Donna Partow